- Verify that you qualify for the CH 33 GI Bill program.
- Verify that you qualify to complete TEB.
- Ensure that a current NGB Form 23B (RPAM Statement) is in your iPERMS record. If it is NOT, contact your unit to get it iPERM'd.
- Use your CAC card, DoD Self-Service Logon, or DFAS pin (myPay) to log on to the DoD Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) Web application.
- When you click on the link to step 1, it will ask you which program you want to log-into.
- Choose Mil-Connect.
- Once logged in to Mil-Connect, click on the "Transfer of Education Benefits" link located on the far right-hand side of the screen.
- When the Submit Transfer Request (Home) page displays, your family members are listed in the table under the List of Family Members section.
- Note: If a family member is not eligible for DEERS benefits, and thus is not eligible to receive transferred benefits, an N/A instead of a Yes link appears in the Transfer column for that family member.
- To transfer benefit months to a family member, locate the name of the appropriate family member in the table and click Yes in the Transfer column. The Transfer Months page displays.
- On the Transfer Months page, specify a Transfer Begin Date, an optional Transfer End Date, and the number of Transfer Months, then click OK. Repeat this process for each of your family members.
- Note: Spouses can use their benefit for 15 years after the member separates/retires; children
can use their benefits until their 26th birthdays.
- Once you have transfer months assigned to each family member, you must submit your transfer request for approval by doing the following in the Submit Transfer Request (Home) page:
- Select the “Post-9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33” check box in the Education Benefit Program
- Select all the boxes in the Transferability of Education Benefits section to indicate that
you have read and understand each statement.
- Click the Submit Request button.
- If the submission is successful, a Submit Confirmation page displays. Click the Return to Editing button in this page to return to the Submit Transfer Request (Home) page. After you have submitted your transfer request, the Information section at the top of the Submit Transfer Request (Home) page updates to show that the Status is now ‘Submitted’. The Status Date is blank and will remain blank until a Service Representative approves, rejects or sets your request to a pending status.
- To track the status of your request, you will need to return to the TEB Web Application to check the ‘Status’ in the Information section. Once your request is approved, the status will be updated to ‘Request Approved’ and the approval Status Date will be set to the date the Service Representative approved the request. An Approval Form also becomes available once your request is approved:
- Click Approval Form to view or print the approval confirmation.