Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content


The Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Improvements Act of 2010 expanded eligibility to include some periods of active duty service performed under Title 32. A special provision for Soldiers who were omitted from the original law and left the service after August 1st, 2009 allows the option to transfer benefits to their dependents. 


o Service Member was NOT eligible for benefits under the Ch 33 (Post 9/11) GI Bill program between August 1st 2009 & before October 1st, 2011

o Service Member retired after August 1st, 2009

o Separated from service with a DEERS-eligible dependent

o Service Member has NOT exhausted all GI Bill benefits

Submitting Requests

Please call the NCNG Education Office at (919) 664-6272 with any other questions.