o Operates on State Education Academic Year (Aug-July)
o Based on availability of funds, awarded on a 1st come, 1st serve basis-NOT GUARANTEED
o Soldier requirements
- MUST have 2 years remaining on contract with NCNG at end of academic period
- MUST pass the APFT and meet the Army’s Height/Weight standard
- MUST not be flagged for any reason
- MUST apply every semester
- MUST submit course information prior to the start of the term/class
o Student MUST meet SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- 2 components of measurement of student’s progress at each evaluation:
- GPA that a student must achieve at each evaluation (qualitative standard).
- Pace of progression to ensure completion within the maximum time frame – attended hours versus completed hours and overall number of credits (quantitative standard).
PROGRAM IS SUBJECT TO POLICY CHANGES AT ANY TIME, UPDATES & POLICY CHANGES WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THE ESO MESSAGE BOARD LOCATED ON THE EDUCATION HOMEPAGE.
The amount of the academic/fiscal year cap will NOT be issued during one semester or one lump sum.
Soldier's attending flight training that have a PRIOR year balance will NOT recieve additional NCTAP funding until PRIOR YEAR funds have been EXHAUSTED.
Priority will no longer be given to Air Guard members.
Academic/fiscal year caps indicated in below document apply to ALL members of the NC National Guard: