Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
ID Cards
POC if you have any questions is SSG Candita Brandon at (919) 664-6239.

 ID Card Info

ID Cards – Who Is Eligible?
You and your family need to have ID Cards in order to get all the benefits you are entitled to during active duty. Every member of the family should have an ID card. The Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (ID) gives you access to the benefits of being a family member of a National Guard soldier or Airman.
Spouse; Unmarried children between the ages of 10 and 21 (all children under 21 must be unmarried); Children under 10, if they are not living with the Guard or Reserve member; Unmarried children over 21 who are mentally or physically disabled or unable to support themselves; Unmarried children between the ages of 21 and 23 who are full-time college students ; A child of any age with severe physical or mental handicap; Unremarried widow or widower; Parents or in-laws for whom the Guard or Reserve member provides more than half of their income.
These cards will authorize appropriate medical, commissary, exchange and MWR benefits and privileges for the period of active duty specified on the members’ orders.
Enrollment Verification – DEERS
Family members must be enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Family members are enrolled when they are issued an identification card or when the military member submits a verified and signed DD Form 1172. You will need to prove eligibility. Some Things You’ll Need to Bring: Birth Certificates, Marriage License, Copy of Spouse’s Active Duty Order, Driver’s License, etc. Please check below for various ID Card Facilities and acceptable forms of identification. We advise that you call ahead to confirm specific documentation requirements and hours of operation.
Remember to update your Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) record when your eligibility and personal information changes. These include changes in your military career, address, and/or family status (marriage, divorce, birth, adoption, etc.) DEERS 800/538-9552.
Due to the implementation of Homeland Security, in order to issue a new military ID for anyone over the age of 18, we are now required to verify 2 valid (unexpired) forms of identification (1 must be a photo ID). Children under age 18 must have 1 valid form of identification. If you do not have the required documents we will not be able to issue an ID card at this time. Please speak to a Customer Service Representative if there are any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition.

 Acceptable Forms of Identification

Primary Form of ID
  • Unexpired Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States with a photograph, or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
  • Unexpired ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
  • Unexpired U.S. Military card or draft record
  • Unexpired Military dependent’s ID card
  • Unexpired U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired foreign passport, with I-551 stamp or attached Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (Form I-151 or I-551)
  • Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)
  • Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (Form I-321)
Secondary Form of ID
  • School ID card with a photograph
  • Voter’s registration card
  • Native American Tribal document
  • Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
  • Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570) Unexpired Reentry Permit (Form I-571)
  • Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571)
  • Unexpired Employment Authorization
  • Document issued by DHS that contains a photograph (Form I-688B)
  • U.S. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration
  • Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
  • Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
  • U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-179)
  • Foreign National ID with photograph
Other acceptable documents for persons under 18
  • School record or report card
  • Clinic, doctor or hospital record
  • Day-Care or nursery school record

 ID Card Locations

Appointments Only
Monday - Friday
0800 - 1600
Asheville, NC
828-271-5000 ext 14319/14331
Marine Corps Air Station-New River
Appointments & Walk-ins
Monday - Friday
0730 - 1130; 1230 - 1630
Jacksonville, NC
NC Air National Guard
Appointments Only
Monday - Friday
0800 - 1500
Charlotte, NC
Navy – Marine Corps Recruiting Center
Appointments Only
Thursday Only
0900 - 1100; 1300 - 1500
Charlotte, NC
NCNG HQ, Raleigh
Appointments & Walk-ins
Raleigh, NC
Mondays and Fridays
    0800-1800 must be signed in before 1715
    0800-1630 must be signed in before 1545
Elizabeth City US Coast Guard Station
Monday - Friday
0800 - 1545
Elizabeth City, NC
Pope Air Force Base
Mon - Wed & Fri 0800 - 1600
Thurs 0900 - 1500
Spring Lake, NC
FT Bragg, ID Card Facility
Appointments & Walk-ins:
Mon-Fri: 0900 - 1700
Thursdays 0900 - 1900
Extended hours and weekends available for groups with Commander’s Request and appointment
Fayetteville, NC
Sunny Point, Military Operation Terminal
Appointments Only
Thursdays Only
0830 - 1500
Southport, NC
910-762-9676 ext 230
Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
Monday - Friday
0830 - 1600
Goldsboro, NC
US Naval Reserve Center
Appointments Only
Thursday’s Only
Wilmington, NC
Armed Forces Reserve Center
Appointments Only
Wednesday & Thursday
0800 - 1130; 1300 - 1530
Greensboro, NC
336-668-0053 Ext 26
130th MEB
Appointments Only
Monday -Friday
0800 - 1630
Charlotte NC
704-344-2352 ext 14586