Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Effective March 18, 2013, all North Carolina Army National Guard records requests will be requested through the G1 Soldier Actions office. We have provided you with a direct phone number and fax for your convenience.
The previous version of Standard Form 180, block 13, references the Adjutant General as the point of contact for records. This information is incorrect. The G1 Soldier Actions will be responsible for all records request. The new Standard Form 180 removed that responsibility from the Adjutant General.
How Do I Submit a Request for Records Pertaining to NC Army National Guard?
You may mail or fax a Records Request by submitting a completed Standard Form 180 (SF 180, “Request Pertaining to Military Records”). Your request will be answered in the order in which it is received. Please allow up to 30 calendar days for delivery of your records. (Note: IAW AR 25-400-2 paragraph 10-4, SF 180 is required to obtain your military records.)
Government Agencies Requesting Personnel Record Information (Third Parties) In addition to a completed SF-180 form, government agencies (such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Social Security Administration (SSA), etc.) are required to submit a completed SF-86-1 Form, “Authorization For Release of Information” (form attached to SF180) IAW AR 600-8-104.
Address for all Records Request is as follow:
North Carolina National Guard
1636 Gold Star Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607-3171
ATTN: G1 Soldier Actions/Records
For additional information, please contact the North Carolina National Guard, G1 Soldier Actions/Records, at 800-621-4136, extension 46513 or 919-664-6513 or fax request to 919-664-7669 ATTN: G1 Soldier Actions. (Email:



EVetRecs (Request your records Online)


SF 180
SF 86-1

Air National Guard Policy

Personal Records