Federal Tuition Assistance Program (FTA/GoArmyEd):
For faster processing, send SOU to Commander & Readiness NCO's email address. (Email addresses can be obtained through your 1st line supervisor. DO NOT CALL THE EDUCATION OFFICE AND ASK FOR THIS INFORMATION).
- Authorized Commander Representatives with signature authority may sign the SOU but the signature delegation authority memorandum must be also loaded into the Soldier's e-file in GoArmyEd.
- Emails sent to the unit Commander provide a link to signing the SOU, THIS LINK IS ONLY GOOD FOR 30 DAYS.
Effective 24JUL14, all eligible tuition assistance (TA) requests must be submitted and APPROVED prior to the start date of class. This means, soldiers no longer have a seven day window after the start date to submit requests nor do GoArmyEd (GAE) administrators have 30 days from the start date of class to approve requests. Requests will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Please remember that if you require a course planner, it must be APPROVED before you can submit TA requests.
North Carolina Tuition Assistance Program (NCTAP):
- The 2014-15 application is now available
- Coursework information for NCTAP can now be submitted through the NCNG Public Website. The link is located in the "Applying for Tuition Assistance" section below.
- Information on checking the status of your NCTAP Application is located in the "Applying for Tuition Assistance" section below.
- The url has changed for the list of schools approved to receive NCTAP, the direct link is now http://www.northcarolina.edu/sites/default/files/nc_saa_approved_programs_list.pdf.
The amount of the academic/fiscal year cap will NOT be issued during one semester or one lump sum.
Soldier's attending flight training that have a PRIOR year balance will NOT receive additional NCTAP funding until PRIOR YEAR funds have been EXHAUSTED.
Priority will no longer be given to Air Guard members.
Academic/fiscal year caps indicated in below document apply to ALL members of the NC National Guard:
GI Bill Programs:
- CH 33 (Post 9/11): max rate for foreign & public schools has changed effective 01 August. The GI Bill formula pages have been adjusted to reflect this change.
Currently no updates
New procedures for testing have been posted in the "Request for Testing" page. A link is located in the "General Information" section of this page.
Simplified step-by-step procedures have been posted on the "NEW STUDENTS" page located in the "General Information" section.