Federal Tuition Assistance Program (FTA/GoArmyEd):
For faster processing, send SOU to Commander & Readiness NCO's email address. (Email addresses can be obtained through your 1st line supervisor. DO NOT CALL THE EDUCATION OFFICE AND ASK FOR THIS INFORMATION).
- Authorized Commander Representatives with signature authority may sign the SOU but the signature delegation authority memorandum must be also loaded into the Soldier's e-file in GoArmyEd.
- Emails sent to the unit Commander provide a link to signing the SOU, THIS LINK IS ONLY GOOD FOR 30 DAYS.
Effective 24JUL14, all eligible tuition assistance (TA) requests must be submitted and APPROVED prior to the start date of class. This means, soldiers no longer have a seven day window after the start date to submit requests nor do GoArmyEd (GAE) administrators have 30 days from the start date of class to approve requests. Requests will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Please remember that if you require a course planner, it must be APPROVED before you can submit TA requests.
North Carolina Tuition Assistance Program (NCTAP):
- The 2014-15 application is now available
- Coursework information for NCTAP can now be submitted through the NCNG Public Website. The link is located in the "Applying for Tuition Assistance" section below.
- Information on checking the staus of your NCTAP Application is located in the "Applying for Tuition Assistance" section below.
- The url has changed for the list of schools approved to receive NCTAP, the direct link is now http://www.northcarolina.edu/sites/default/files/nc_saa_approved_programs_list.pdf.
GI Bill Programs:
- Effective immediately, the NGB Form 23B (RPAM Statement) will be used by the ARNG GI Bill Support Team to verify that a Soldier has met the minimum time-in-service-requirement for the Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB). It is recommended that all Soldiers review their IPERMS record and ensure that it contains a current RPAM statement BEFORE making a TEB request. If a RPAM statement is NOT available for review in a Soldier's IPERMS record, the GI Bill Support Team will place the TEB request in a "Pending" status until a RPAM statement is received by the GI Bill Support Team.
- Step-by-step instructions on the Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) under the CH 33 (Post 9/11) GI Bill program are found in the "General Information" section of this page labeled as "Transferring GI Bill Benefits (TEB)".
- Soldiers requesting their Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) for the CH 1606 (MGIB-SR) GI Bill program first need to check in their iPERMS record (listed as DD 2384). In the event the document is not located in iPERMS, please click on the "Request a NOBE" link located under the GI Bill section of this page and a copy will be emailed to you and uploaded into iPERMS. Note that a NOBE contains Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and can only be sent to an official email account.
Currently no updates
New procedures for testing have been posted in the "Request for Testing" page. A link is located in the "General Information" section of this page.
Simplified step-by-step procedures have been posted on the "NEW STUDENTS" page located in the "General Information" section.