o Operates on Federal Fiscal Year (OCT-SEPT)
o School MUST be approved to receive FTA from GoArmyEd
o Based on availability of funds, awarded on a 1st come, 1st serve basis-NOT GUARANTEED
o Cannot use to pay for First Professional Degree (PHD, MD, JD, etc).
o Tuition Cap
- Up to $250 per semester hour
- Up to $4,000 per fiscal year
o Semester hour cap
- Up to 16 semester hours per fiscal year
- Up to 130 semester hours for undergraduate coursework
- Up to 39 semester hours for graduate coursework
o Soldier requirements
- MUST have one year of service after completion of IET (AIT or BOLC) to be eligible for TA
- Enlisted: ETS cannot fall between start & end date of classes (semester)
- Officer: Must agree to serve at least 4 additional years of service following the semester in which FTA was utilized
- Warrant Officer: Must agree to serve at least 2 additional years of service following the semester in which FTA was utilized
- Must NOT have any flags
- Must NOT currently posses a degree higher than what you are pursuing
- Can only obtain one degree at each level (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Can skip degrees but cannot come back and use FTA to fund lesser degrees
- Must NOT currently posses a Master’s Degree
- Must NOT currently posses a Degree in which you are pursuing (ie, already have a Bachelor’s and pursuing a second Bachelor’s) (THIS STILL APPLIES EVEN IF THE MILITARY DID NOT PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO OBTAIN YOUR CURRENT DEGREE).
- If FTA provided ANY funding towards your Undergraduate Degree, member must have served at least 10 years before using FTA to help fund a Master’s Degree.
o GPA Minimal Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degrees (Certificate, Associate’s, Bachelor’s) : 2.0 in your GoArmyEd Account
- Graduate Degree (Master’s): 3.0 in your GoArmyEd Account
o PROGRAM IS SUBJECT TO POLICY CHANGES AT ANY TIME, UPDATES & POLICY CHANGES WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THE ESO MESSAGE BOARD ON THE EDUCATION HOMEPAGE.